Applying for Huebner ScholarshipsEligibility. High school seniors who are the children, grandchildren, or great grandchildren of soldiers who have served in the First Infantry Division of the United States Army are eligible to compete for these scholarships.
Amount. The award is currently for up to $10,000 payable to the school in four annual installments of not more than $2,500 per year.
Selection Criteria. The scholarship award will be based on the applicant's scholastic achievements, career objectives, and insight gained from the essay and letters of recommendation.
Instructions. Please provide the following information:
- Completed application.
- Essay: Choose a major problem facing our country today. Analyze the problem and give your recommendations for the solution of the problem. (Approximately 200 words)
- Copy of most recent transcript of your high school credits. The transcript should include grade point average and rank in class as well as standardized test scores (SAT, ACT, etc.)
- Letter of acceptance from university or college.
- Two letters of recommendation from other than relatives one of these letters must be from the principal, a guidance counselor, or a teacher at your high school.
- Proof of parent's (or grandparent's) service with the First Infantry Division. NOTE: It is your responsibility to determine whether your parent or grandparents served in the First Infantry division. If this information does not appear on the discharge papers, it is your responsibility to prove service with the First Infantry Division in order to be eligible for the scholarship competition.
- Proof of registration with Selective Service (if male).
It is essential that your application be complete and received by the Foundation not later than May 1 for consideration for the following school year. We will acknowledge receipt of your material. Incomplete applications will not be considered by the Scholarship Committee.
Mail completed application to:
1st Infantry Division FoundationClick here to download the Huebner Scholarship Application
P.O. Box 607
Ambler, PA 19002